Tuesday, September 18, 2007

World News Blog 1

"Oil Rises Above $82 for the First Time on Lower Interest Rates" is an article by Mark Shenk in Google News. This covers how the oil per barrel has set a new record of $82 in New York after interest rates were lowered. This matters all around the world because it means that oil will go up everywhere most likely which will cause gas prices to increase. When I begin to drive I don't want to have to pay a ridiculous amount of money for gas because I won't be able to afford it. If prices are high, it encourages me to buy a car with good gas mileage, like a hybrid. It also encourages people around the world to buy these types of cars as well and to invest in new energy sources.
As far as transportation goes, I think the world needs to begin car pooling, taking the light rail or bus more often so as not to consume so much oil and will help save money.

No comments: