Thursday, October 4, 2007

Local News Blog 3

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_7038504

Once again, more reckless teens were killed in an automibile accident in "Teens Killed in Early Morning Crash." A 16 and 17 year old teenager were killed when their Subaru drifted into oncoming traffic and collided head-on with another vehicle. The other driver was taken immediately to a hospital where he was treated for his minor injuries.
I don't know about the rest of the world but I am really getting sick to my stomach from hearing about the teen deaths which seems every other week from car crashes. This is just in our remote area too. I wonder if the rest of the world experiences this as much as we do. If we continue to do this to ourselves, I think we need to create the law to 18 years old to own a license. As much as I hate doing this becuase I will soon be able to drive, I just don't think it's worth death after death after death. I'm trying to think of what's best for peoples lives. I believe if we would increase the age of legal driving, thousands of teen lives would be saved around the globe. I looked into this subject a little more since the article wasn't very long and I heard a statistic I couldn't believe. Over 60% of teens that have their permit or license for the first year get in some sort of accident, crashing their family car. Even though it said the first year, people still might be wondering what difference the age makes whether they're 15 or 18. I think with maturity, kids will learn to be safe and value their lives that much more. Therefore, the legal driving age should be raised. As a society, our major goal should be to reduce the number of deaths around the world no matter what challenges we face in doing so.

No comments: